Tuesday 13 November 2012

Collge Magazine Mock Up Evaluation.




How does your media product represent particular social groups? 
My media product represent a particular social groups by using a pacific model around the same age as my target audience for the main image, this means the audience can relate to her and the magazine because they are more likely to buy it as it has day to day information that could be a suitable guide for them. The masthead 'College' is very relatable with the target audience as they are teenagers that are either moving up to college or already attends college.

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
 If I was to choose a company to print and distribute my magazine it would be a company called IPC this is because they print and distributes magazines to stores across the country. Also it is the leading magazine publisher in the UK. this shows that it will help the magazine become more successful.

Who would the audience be for your media product?
The target audience for my media product is mainly for college students between the ages of 16 and 18 but also for students who are in the years below that are interested in moving up to college. My magazine is also aimed at parents of the primary target audience as they want to know what the college is like and whether it is the right place for their children to attend and achieve their best.

How did you attract/address your audience?
 I attracted my audience by using a variety of different techniques and codes of a typical magazine; the reason for this is because it creates a familiarity and encouragement for the audience to buy it. The fronts that I have used are bold and clear. The image that I have used for the front cover is around about the same age as the target audience, therefore the audience will be able to relate to her and more likely want to buy the magazine. Over all the magazine is attractive and addresses to the target audience by using sell lines, this is because it could relate to the things that the students want to know or find out more about, therefore they will want to read the articles inside.

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
I have learnt several techniques in the process of making my magazine. From the program I used to make the cover I used, pixlr express. I have learned to make the image more appealing.
                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment